• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland




    Since 21st December 2007 Poland, together with 8 other new EU Member States, joined the Schengen area - a territory with no checks at internal borders formed by 24 States:


    22 EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden + Norway and Iceland.


    To enter the Schengen territory third-country nationals must be in possession of a valid passport and a visa if it is required.


    A Schengen visa issued by an Embassy or Consulate of the above countries allows the holder to move freely in all these countries for a short term (maximum 90 days within 6 months) tourist, business or private visit.


    Please note that holders of a Schengen visa are still subject to immigration control and have not guaranteed entry into any of the Schengen countries, even though they may hold a valid visa for these countries.


    Where to apply for a Schengen visa


    If you wish to visit only one of the Schengen countries, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate of that country. If you wish to visit more than one of the Schengen countries, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which is your main destination. If you do not have a main destination, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which you will travel to first. Visa shall be applied in the country where you reside legally.


    Applying for visa at the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Tokyo


    Applications must be submitted personally at the Embassy of the Republic of Poland, Consular Section, 2-13-5 Mita, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, from Monday to Friday between

    10.00 and 12.00, except Japanese and Polish national holidays.

    • Ø Tel: 03-5794-7040,
    • Ø Fax: 03-5794-7024

    We kindly inform that on Wednesdays

    the Consular Section will be open from 13:00 to 15:00.

    The opening hours of the Consular Section remain unchanged for the other days.


    Processing time


    It is essential to allow yourself sufficient time when applying for a visa. The process may take up to 3 weeks, sometimes also longer. Further you must apply in person.



    Documents required


    The following original document in Polish or English are required:


    • Application form, fully completed and signed.
    • For minors, parents declaration of consent for travel, certified and a copy of their passports.
    • Passport (valid 3 months past the departure date from the Schengen area.

             Please be aware that Visa stamp can not be attached in the added pages of the                                    passport.)

    • Re-entry permit to Japan (valid 3 months past the departure date from the Schengen area) attached in the current valid passport
    • Visa for the final/onward destination (applies for transit visas only)
    • Alien Registration Card
    • One coloured passport photograph (the photograph must be taken within the last 6 months, taken with a plain light-coloured background, full face photo front view, size 35x45mm,)
    • Travel insurance covering Europe and valid for the duration of the visa + 7days. Minimum coverage 30,000 EURO in case of accident, illness, including travel home.
    • Reservation for travel tickets



    In addition to above please provide:


     For tourist/private/transit visit:

    • Hotel reservation/information or housing arrangements by the host with exact address.
    • Proof of funds statement, International Credit Card or others statements that can prove funds.


     For business/conference visit:

    • Invitation letter from your partner company confirming the duration and purpose of the visit
    • Statement of your employer certifying the purpose of the visit


      For airport transit visa:

    • Travel insurance is not required

    In some cases further documentation may be needed.  The fee is to be paid in advance in cash and it is not refundable.

    Japanese citizens

    Japanese citizen who stays in Poland or in Schengen area 90 days or less within 6 months does not need a Schengen visa. Passport should be valid 3 months past the departure date from the Schengen area.

    Processing fee

    All visas € 60 (to be paid in Yen)

    Additional information concerning visas and residence permits issued by Poland after 21st December 2007

    • Poland issues uniform visas: airport transit visa (A), transit visa (B), short-stay visa (C) which are valid for entire Schengen territory and continues issuing long-stay (D) visas and residence permits, valid only for Poland
    • Holders of Polish D visa (issued before 21st December 2007 as well as after that date) are entitled to a maximum 5-day visa free transit through the territory of the other Schengen States.
    • Holders of Polish residence permits will be allowed to enter the Schengen territory and stay there for a period not exceeding 90 days.



    Print Print Share: